Topkapi Palace & Harem Museum: An extensive tour of the residence of the legendary Ottoman Sultans, now converted into a museum. It consists of several exhibition halls, such as the Treasury, the porcelain section, the armory and the rooms devoted to holy relics.
Stunning tile in the Hall of the Ablution Fountain at the entrance of the Harem section of the Topkapı Palace. The Eunuchs were the guards who protected the most private part of the palace.
The Imperial Harem is the section of the Topkapı Palace where the most private apartments of the sultan are located. The Harem was home to the sultan’s mother, the concubines and wives of the sultan, and the rest of his family, including children, their servants as well as the eunuchs guarding the harem. The Harem consists of a series of buildings and structures, connected through hallways and courtyards. Every service team and hierarchical group residing in the Harem had its own living space clustered around a courtyard. The Harem wing was only added at the end of the 16th century.
The Topkapı Palace is a sprawling palace complex whose construction started in 1459–only six years after the Ottoman conquest of Constantinople (now Istanbul). It served as the official and primary residence of the Ottoman Sultans for approximately 400 years (1465-1856). The palace is a complex made up of four main courtyards and many smaller buildings. At the height of its existence as a royal residence, the palace was home to as many as 4,000 people. Topkapı Palace gradually lost its importance at the end of the 17th century, as the Sultans preferred to spend more time in their new palaces along the Bosporus. In 1856, the court was moved to the newly built Dolmabahçe Palace.
Please note that the order in which sights are visited may vary.
Please make note of the following:
- There is a 30% discount for children under the age of 7 and children aged 2 and younger are free
- Please note that the order in which sights are visited may vary
- Haghia Sophia Museum is closed on Monday, replaced with Topkapi Palace Museum
- There are no shopping stops made during our tour but if our guests would like to do some shopping following the conclusion of the tour we can be of assistance
- It is advised to wear conservative clothing when visiting mosques and churches
- You are kindly requested to present yourself at the pick up point 15 minutes prior to the preadvised pick up time
- Smoking is not permitted in transportation vehicles nor in museums
- Please note that the sights visited in this tour are also available as two separate half day tours
- Taksim and Sultanahmet area pick up
- Fully guided tour with the services of an experienced and licensed English speaking guide
- Luxury non smoking air conditioned transportation
- On ground support and access to True Blue Tour Istanbul office should you require any assistance
- All entrance fees
- Option to have True Blue Tour book your hotel
- International flights to and from Istanbul
- Travel insurance (travel insurance is included for full itinerary tours but not for separate daily tours)
- Note that items marked as ’optional’ are suggestions not yet included in the price of the tour
- Any expenses not noted in the above list of inclusions
- Personal expenses such as hotel extras, etc.