You will be picked up from your hotel lobby by your guide at around 08:30 for transfer to begin your full day tour of the Princes’ Islands.
You will board the local ferryboat departing for Buyukada, the largest of the small island chain known as the Princes’ Islands and home to the sixth century Aya Yorgi Greek Orthodox Church and Monastery. As the boat makes its way, you will enjoy spectacular views of the old city neighborhoods of Europe and the Asian seaside communities and you will pass four other islands before reaching your destination. These islands are famous for their mild climate, lush vegetation and ornate Ottoman houses. Automobiles are prohibited on the islands lending to the tranquil atmosphere that will ease you out of your modern mindset today. The preferred means of transportation on the islands is the charming horse-drawn carriage, known as the phaeton, which you will enjoy on your circular tour of Buyukada. Undoubtedly, you will take pleasure in viewing the forested surroundings as well as the elegant old mansions draped in brilliant hues of overgrown bougainvillea. After the phaeton ride, there may be an opportunity to lounge on one of the nice beaches and to take a swim during the warm months. You will feel as though you have stepped back in time, into an age more leisured and more gracious than our own and you may find yourself conjuring up visions of 19th century ladies and gentlemen strolling down to the waterfront for an afternoon promenade.
Lunch will be served at one of the many excellent traditional fish restaurants on the waterfront from where you will gaze across the water to the Asian shore of Istanbul, so close though it will feel worlds away.
After the tour ends with the ferryboat’s arrival back in Istanbul, you will be returned to your hotel by our representative.
- There is a 30% discount for children under the age of 7 and children aged 2 and younger are free
- Please note that the order in which sights are visited may vary
- You are kindly requested to present yourself at the pick up point 15 minutes prior to the preadvised pick up time
- Smoking is not permitted in transportation vehicles nor in museums
- Taksim and Sultanahmet area pick up and drop off
- Fully guided tour with the services of an experienced and licensed English speaking guide
- Luxury non smoking air conditioned transportation
- Lunch (drinks not included)
- On ground support and access to True Blue Tour Istanbul office should you require any assistance
- All entrance fees
- Option to have True Blue Tour book your hotel
- International flights to and from Istanbul
- Travel insurance (travel insurance is included for full itinerary tours but not for separate daily tours)
- Note that items marked as ’optional’ are suggestions not yet included in the price of the tour
- Any expenses not noted in the above list of inclusions
- Personal expenses such as hotel extras, etc.