Bosphorus Cruise,Hagia Sophia, Underground Cistern, Blue Mosque, Hippodrome,
This is a boutique tour with a maximum of 14 participants.
08:30 Pick up from either your hotel or the Istanbul cruise port, full-day sightseeing with an experienced and licensed professional guide:
After breakfast, we embark upon a fully guided tour of the city that spans two continents, Europe and Asia.
We visit the Hippodrome area –known as the centre of Byzantine Empire for 1000 years and Ottoman Empire for the other 400 years! Continuing, we visit stunning Blue Mosque and then Hagia Sofia, built by Emperor Justinian. Once a church, later converted into a mosque, then a museum and the mosque again, nowdays. Before tour’s end, we have time for the Basilica Cistern, an ancient underground water tank decorated with carved and fluted Corinthian columns and a puzzling head of Medusa. Visitors walk on walkways constructed above clear, now shallow water. It’s very cool and peaceful.
Our tour will finish with a Bosphorous tour, because no stay in Istanbul can be complete without a traditional and unforgettable cruise along the Bosphorus, the stream separating Europe and Asia, without the humble fisherman villages and impressive bridges set against the dramatic outlook of the Strait, exemplifying the newest link between the East and West and the Rumeli Fortress, built in just 4 months (in 1452) by Mehmet the Conqueror in preparation of his planned siege of Byzantine Constantinople.
The end of the day we will visit, the Egyptian Spice market (to stock up on bargain saffron, spices, and Turkish delight )
Overnight Istanbul. (B, L)
Please make note of the following:
• There is a 30% discount for children under the age of 7 and children aged 2 and younger are free
• Haghia Sophia Museum is closed on Monday, replaced with Topkapi Palace Museum
• There are no shopping stops made during our tour but if our guests would like to do some shopping following the conclusion of the tour we can be of assistance
• It is advised to wear conservative clothing when visiting mosques and churches
• You are kindly requested to present yourself at the pick-up point 15 minutes before the preadvised pick-up time
• Smoking is not permitted in vehicles or museums